About cookies• What is a cookie?
• What are session and persistent cookies?
• Do any of the cookies that Easyhost.com use contain my personal details?
• How can I change my preferences, delete or opt-out of cookies?
• Will the site work if I disable cookies?
• How long will cookies last for?
• Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
• How can you disable cookies in your browser?
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small snippet of text that a website asks your browser to store. All cookies have expiration dates in them that determine how long they stay in your browser. Cookies can be removed in two ways: automatically, when they expire, or when you manually delete them. We've included more details below to help you understand what kinds of cookies we use.
Yes, with the main objective to make our website work more effectively.
What are session and persistent cookies?
• Session cookies - these are temporary cookies that expire (and are automatically erased) whenever you close your browser. An example of how we use session cookies is to grant access to content and enable commenting (things you have to log in to do).
• Persistent cookies - these usually have an expiration date far into the future and thus stay in your browser until they expire, or until you manually delete them. An example of how we use persistent cookies is for functionalities like the 'Stay logged in' tick box. We also use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the site for our customers. This information is anonymized - when we look at the data, in other words, we look at patterns, but we do not see individuals' personally identified information (PII).
We use different kinds of cookies for various reasons outlined below. All cookie information is completely anonymized, meaning we do not see individuals' PII.
There are also limited third-party cookies on the site. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Easyhost. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted Easyhost partners. For example, we currently allow:
1. Essential cookies - these cookies are all first party cookies that are essential for the operation of our website. For example, some cookies allow us to identify existing clients and ensure they can access the specific offer pages.
2. Functional cookies - these cookies remember your log-in details if you have the 'Stay logged in' box ticked which makes it possible for registered users to return to the site without having to log in. Functional cookies also make sure the website looks consistent as well as allowing us to analyze site usage so we can measure and improve performance.
We use a functional cookie to remember your cookie preference from our 'Cookie preference' tool as well as to provide you with enhanced services like commenting.
In addition, we use functional cookies for Audience measurement and validation. We use services such as Google Analytics to understand how many people visit us and what is popular, which helps us improve the website. Additionally, we use tools like Quantcast and Comscore to validate our understanding of that information for advertising purposes.
When you register or log in to Easyhost.com with credentials from social networks like Facebook, you authorize them to store a persistent cookie that will remember you and grant you access to our site every time you visit until it expires. You can delete that cookie (and revoke the access it grants) by updating your preferences with each respective social network. So if you no longer want to be able to log in through Facebook, you'll need to update your settings at Facebook.
3. Advertising cookies - these cookies allow you to share pages with social networks should you wish to do so. They also enable us and our advertisers to serve you with relevant advertisements that may interest you through a practice often called OBA, or online behavioral advertising. They are sometimes referred to as 'behaviourally targeted advertising cookies' and track information such as which websites you visit and build a profile based on your interests. We however do not collect your personal or sensitive information.
There are also other limited third-party cookies on the site that fall into the 'Advertising cookies' category. These cookies could be session or persistent and are set by entities other than Easyhost. To ensure compliance with our policies, we restrict the use of third-party cookies to trusted partners of Easyhost. For example, we currently allow:
• Brightcove for our multimedia platform, Doubleclick (Google) for our advertising platform. Those teams set cookies in order to control frequency of advertising and to target advertising to the right section or geographic region;
Do any of the cookies that Easyhost.com use contain my personal details?
No. All the data contained in the cookies that we use is completely anonymous and doesn’t contain any PII.
How can I change my preferences, delete or opt-out of cookies?
Deactivating cookies or limiting their usage can make certain websites unpractical, more difficult to browse or use. Simultaneously, the refusal to accept cookies does not mean you will not see/won’t be served with online advertising. You have the option to configure your internet browser so that it rejects cookies or so that it only accepts cookies from specific websites. On the downside, you won’t have access to specific functions, such as leaving comments, for example.
All modern browsers allow you the option to configure your cookie settings. You can usually find these settings in the „Options” or „Preferences” tab of your browser’s menu. To get a better understanding of the customization option you have for cookies, please review the following links, referring you to the Help section of some of today’s most popular web browsers:
• Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
• Cookie settings in Firefox
• Cookie settings in Chrome
• Cookie settings in Safari
In terms of third party cookies, please review the information found here: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/
Alternatively, whilst we are not responsible for the content of any external websites, we set out some websites below which may help if you wish to delete or opt-out of cookies.
If you want to delete or disable cookies, see: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies
To opt out of cookies from Google: www.google.com/privacy/ads
To opt out of cookies from Quantcast: www.quantcast.com/how-we-do-it/consumer-choice/opt-out
To opt out of cookies from Bizo: www.bizo.com/businessProfessionals/opt_out
Will the site work if I disable cookies?
You can browse Easyhost.com with cookies disabled, though some interactions may not work. For example, ticking the “Stay logged in” box at login will not actually keep you logged in to the site unless you have enabled cookies.
How long will cookies last for?
Why does the message explaining cookies keep appearing?
Who is our ‘Cookie Preference’ tool provider?
We have chosen to use TRUSTe as our ‘cookie preference’ tool provider, utilising their ‘consent manager’ technology. to provide our users with an easy and transparent 'cookie preference' tool. TRUSTe is a leading Data Privacy Management company which assesses, monitors, and certifies websites, mobile apps, cloud, and advertising channels in relation to data collection and usage practices. The company incorporates regulatory requirements and industry best practices.